Half-way between the Paris and Strasbourg, along the French east-west (A4) Motorway. Ten minutes from exit 27 on the A4, Les Islettes is a village lying in the heart of the Argonne forest. Literally the name means "the islands" set in a large clearing in the forest. It is a French commune in the Meuse department of the Lorraine region.
By Car from Paris
- Motorway A4 (Eastern Motorway) Paris/Strasbourg : take the exit 27 to Clermont-en-Argonne, at Clermont village square turn left onto D603 and after 2 miles turn right just BEFORE the Les Islettes village.
- This is Le Bois Bachin, Les Islettes.
- See Road Map
- Luxembourg International airport is just 1 hours drive away. You will need to hire a car at the Airport Car Rental Counter.
- If you come from Paris Roissy Charles De Gaulle airport, rent a car OR take the RER train to Paris Gare du Nord. Walk 5 minutes to Gare de l'Est station then take the train to Meuse TGV.
- Paris Vatry the airport just 1 hour away from our B & B, has regular flights from Héraklion in Crète, Marseille, Nice, Oporto, Palma de Majorque and Stockholm.